During the Coronavirus pandemic, leaders of organizations large and small are confronted by an array of new and urgent questions:
- Where are the high transmission risk areas?
- Are containment strategies effective?
- How to re-open safely?
- How can we give our community more confidence?
The path forward begins by identifying pathogens where they are most easily spread - indoor air.
Thermo Fisher Scientific introduces a new pathogen surveillance solution, the Thermo ScientificTM AerosolSenseTM Sampler. This solution has been designed to provide highly reliable and timely insight into the presence of in-air pathogens for monitoring and strengthening the safety procedures of facilities.
With the AerosolSenseTM Sampler, organizations can help protect communities and staff, while maintaining operational and business continuity.
What facilities could benefit from this solution?
Enable early decision making for manufacturing, offices, schools/universities, healthcare/hospitals, nursing homes and a number of indoor facilities.
Simple and quick workflow
- Collect the sample—place the sampler on a flat and unobstructed surface and then insert the sample cartridge.
- Remove and replace the cartridge—After the sampling cycle is over, remove the sample cartridge and transfer it to a biohazard bag to send it to a laboratory.
- Send the sample cartridge to the testing laboratory —get results within 2 hours if laboratory is onsite at facility or within 24 hours if utilizing the Thermo Fisher Scientific testing service.
The pathogen surveillance solution was designed by keeping users’ needs in mind. It requires only minimal operator training.
Powerful system capabilities
Highly stable and sensitive aerosol collection and separation technology offers reliable performance across a wide range of environments.
The sampler design was validated for the SARS-CoV-2 pathogen and is meant to capture many different in-air pathogens.