In today’s laboratories, multichannel pipettes are used to increase throughput. However, prolonged manual pipetting leads to considerable wastage of time and can cause repetitive strain injuries. Moreover, continuously decreasing sample sizes have rendered it highly difficult to perform pipetting without making any errors.
The ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot launched by INTEGRA streamlines regular pipetting tasks at an economical price. The robot makes use of INTEGRA electronic multichannel pipettes to automate pipetting tasks, prevent physical strain, and ensure error-free pipetting and higher reproducibility.
How it works
An INTEGRA VOYAGER or VIAFLO electronic pipette can be easily mounted onto the ASSIST PLUS pipette holder. Then, users can select a pipetting protocol and add a tip rack and their labware. As soon as users press RUN, the ASSIST PLUS automatically performs the pipetting task.
- Pipette adapter with adjustable and fixed tip spacing to accommodate all INTEGRA mulitchannel pipettes
- Intuitive user interface allows program configuration and selection to be performed easily
- Deck that includes three work positions to accommodate tube racks, reagent reservoirs, and plates
- Automatic tip change—two dedicated positions provided for automatic tip loading and tip ejection
- Consistent pipetting angle
- Optimal tip immersion depths
- Strict compliance with pipetting programs
- Regulated pipetting speeds
- Prevents pipetting errors
- Accurate tip positioning in wells
All these features ensure superior pipetting results and workflow consistency, as well as avoid human errors like skipping of rows.
Smart pipette adapter
The pipette adapter of the ASSIST PLUS robot enables all VOYAGER and VIAFLO multichannel pipettes to be used. Pipettes are in the range of 4 to 16 channels, with a volume range of 0.5–1250 μL to enable optimal adaptation to several different applications.
The ASSIST PLUS can accommodate different types of labware, ranging from tubes to 384-well plates in portrait or landscape orientation. Remarkably low dead volumes are ensured by INTEGRA multichannel reservoirs that are available in 10, 25, and 100 mL sizes. Automation-friendly reservoirs from INTEGRA can be used for larger storage volumes.