K3® cameras set a new standard for imaging performance, serving as the benchmark for direct detection cameras.
Completely reimagined, this advanced camera represents the next technological advancement in low-dose electron microscopy (EM) applications for both life science and materials science research.
The K3 camera series is the latest and most comprehensive offering from Gatan, reflecting the company's expertise in real-time, single-electron counting direct detection cameras.
- Powerful inline signal processing will raise the DQE beyond that of the K2® camera; the addition of CDS mode pushes this even higher.
- Real-time electron counting will let you know immediately if your samples are good.
- Optional inline, GPU-based motion correction removes the need to save terabytes of raw frames.
- 1,500 full frames per second – 3.75 times the speed of the K2 camera.
- The field of view can be matched to any application requirements.
- K3 (24 megapixels) – Maximize throughput to ensure high microscope performance
- K3 Base (14 megapixels) – Turn screening microscopes into data collection microscopes
Image Credit: Gatan, Inc.
Virus-neutralizing antibodies are one of the approaches to treat or prevent infection by the COVID-19 virus. Solved with the K3 Direct Detection Camera; bioRxiv - June 17, 2020. Image Credit: Gatan, Inc.