Hitachi’s SU3800 and SU3900 are strong and versatile thermionic emitter variable pressure SEMs. Thanks to the extra-large chamber and stage of the SU3900, it is ideally suited for the study of large, heavy, or multiple specimens.
- Superior low voltage performance to unravel more fine structure
- Wet or hydrated samples can be imaged with cold stage or Hitachi’s patented ionic liquid
- Quick and sensitive detectors easily offer morphology, surface detail, crystallography, and composition
- Users can choose between completely integrated EDS from Oxford Instruments or a flexible choice of EDS, EBSD, or WDS from any manufacturer
- Several ports are provided for analytical detectors, single or multiple EBSD, EDS, CL, or WDS
Easily handle and navigate any sample
- Users can load samples measuring up to 300 mm in diameter and 130 mm in height with all five axes functional
- Dynamic experiments can be performed in-situ with heating, cooling, tensile, or probing sub-stages
- Thanks to the simple and safe navigation on the sample with the help of the color navigation camera, users never get lost
- Investigate extensive areas with image stitching
- EM-Macro scripting or recording interface enables automation of complex or repetitive procedures
- Automated particle analysis for fibers, inclusions, asbestos, technical cleanliness, etc.
- 3D surface metrology with angle/depth/roughness measurement
- Built-in cathodoluminescence (CL) for more information from pharmaceuticals, photonics, or minerals
(1) Pollen, low-vacuum SE, 1.5 kV; (2) Metal cross-section, BSE, 3 kV; (3) Copper minerals, low-vacuum, 5 kV. Image Credit: Hitachi High-Technologies Europe