The Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU) from BMG LABTECH designed specifically for the Omega series, CLARIOstar Plus, and NEPHELOstar Plus is the perfect solution for live cell-based applications, ranging from standard cell growth to pH control or hypoxic assays.
The ACU offers a comprehensive solution to control the levels of both O2 and CO2 gases completely and independently inside the microplate reader chamber. The ACU ensures an optimal environment for any live cell assay, spanning from standard proliferation to cytotoxicity or hypoxic assays.
Together with bottom reading detection, temperature control and shaking options, the ACU provides a flexible walk-away solution for long-term cell-based assays.
Exclusive gas ramping feature
The CLARIOstar Plus with ACU is a special feature within plate readers that provides the capability to run O2 and CO2 gas ramps. For example, the ACU can take away O2 and then quickly re-oxygenate back to physiological conditions while maintaining the CO2 levels steady.
This potential improves live cell-based assays because disease models like ischemia/reperfusion can be replicated in vitro in a microplate reader.
- CO2 control range of 0.1% to 20%
- O2 control range of 0.1% to 20%
- Accurate gas regulation ensured by altitude correction
- Gas value can be monitored in MARS Data Analysis Software (only in the CLARIOstar Plus model)
- Excellent valve control for lower gas consumption
- Gas ramping function (only in the CLARIOstar Plus model)
- LCD touchscreen equipped with intuitive user interface and gas concentration curve display
- Built-in gas pressure regulators and sensors equipped with acoustic alarm
- Up to 10 user-definable presets are available
- Proliferation assays and cell viability
- Viral uptake
- Migration and invasion studies
- Ischemia/reperfusion (only in the CLARIOstar Plus model)
- Cell cytotoxicity studies
Studying the molecular mechanism of viral replication in real time on the CLARIOstar Plus
Video Credit: BMG LABTECH GmbH
- NEPHELOstar Plus
- CLARIOstar Plus
- FLUOstar Omega
- POLARstar Omega
- SPECTROstar Omega
- LUMIstar Omega