For 2D and 3D cell culture, or as a collagen standard, PureCol® is a solution of Type I bovine atelocollagen at a concentration of 3 mg/ml. With a ≥99.9% collagen content and citations in more than 2000 publications, PureCol® is the benchmark among collagen products.

PureCol® collagen is regarded as the gold standard among collagens for purity (≥99.9% collagen content), usability, and being the closest to native collagen possible. Bovine hides from the only controlled, closed herd in the US are isolated for PureCol®.

The manufacturing procedures used by Advanced BioMatrix adhere to exacting quality standards, which have been shown to produce unmatched consistency from lot to lot.

About 97% of the collagen in PureCol® is Type I atelocollagen, with the remaining 3% being Type III collagen. The concentration of PureCol® collagen is around 3 mg/ml. On a Certificate of Analysis that is provided with the purchase of each product, the concentration for each particular lot is listed.

Since atelocollagen in PureCol® is soluble in 0.01 N HCl, the pH is 2. PureCol® collagen is excellent for coating surfaces, preparing thin layers for cell culture, or using it as a solid gel.

The user-friendly packaging for PureCol® collagen makes it easy to use and store. Filtered and sterile, PureCol® is provided as a ready-to-use solution.

Source: Advanced BioMatrix

Parameter, Testing, and Method PureCol® Type I Collagen #5005
Sterilization Method Filtration
Extraction Method Enzyme - atelocollagen
Form Solution
Package Size 100 mL, 1000 mL
Storage Temperature 2-10 °C
Shelf Life Minimum of 6 months from date of receipt
Collagen Concentration - Biuret 2.9-3.2 mg/mL
Collagen Purity - Silver Staining ≥ 99.9%
pH 1.9-2.1
Kinetic Gel Test (Minutes) ≤ 40
Gel Formation Tube Test (Minutes) ≤ 40
Fibrillogenesis (Absorbance Units) ≥ 0.5
Electrophoretic Pattern - Coomassie Blue Characteristic
Sterility - USP modified No growth
Endotoxin - LAL ≤ 1.0 EU/mL
Osmolality (mOsmo H2O/kg) ≤ 35
Cell Attachment Assay Pass
Source Bovine Hide
Hydrogel Young's Modulus E (Pa) Characteristic

Other Equipment by this Supplier

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.