The VitroCol® lyophilized product contains 15 mg of type I human atelocollagen, which is used as a standard for collagen or 2D coatings. Human neo-natal fibroblast cells naturally secrete VitroCol® collagen, which is then processed and purified to produce naturally produced human collagen.

The first widely accessible form of naturally produced, pure human collagen for scientific use is VitroCol® collagen. The only native-like human collagen available, VitroCol®, sets the bar for functionality and purity (>99% collagen content).

Human neo-natal fibroblast cells produce VitroCol® collagen in a natural manner. Human fibroblasts are cultured in ideal conditions that enable them to secrete extracellular matrix naturally and effectively. After processing and purifying the extracellular matrix, naturally produced human collagen is obtained.

VitroCol® contains Type I human collagen (about 97%) and Type III collagen (the remaining 3%). This product contains 15 mg of human collagen and is provided as a lyophilized powder. A concentration of about 3 mg/ml is attained after reconstitution with 5 ml of sterile 0.01 N HCl.

When it comes to coating surfaces and providing preparations for thin layers of culturing cells, VitroCol® is particularly well suited for human cell culture systems. It is not advised to use VitroCol® in the lyophilized form to create a solid gel.

Human collagen from VitroCol® is offered in convenient packaging for use and storage. A sterile, lyophilized powder form of VitroCol® is provided.

Source: Advanced BioMatrix

Parameter, Testing, and Method VitroCol® Lyophilized Type I Collagen #5008
Sterilization Method Filtration
Extraction Method Enzyme - atelocollagen
Form Lyophilized Powder
Package Size 15 mg
Storage Temperature -20 °C prior to reconstitution and 2-10 °C after reconstitution
Shelf Life Minimum of 6 months from date of receipt
Shelf life after reconstitution 3 months
Collagen Purity - Silver Staining ≥ 99.9%
Electrophoretic Pattern - Coomassie Blue Characteristic
Sterility - USP modified No growth
Endotoxin - LAL ≤ 5.0 EU/mL
Cell Attachment Assay Pass
Source Human Neo-Natal Fibroblasts

Other Equipment by this Supplier

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.