Type I bovine atelocollagen, used for 2D coatings or as a collagen standard, is present in the PureCol® lyophilized product in a dosage of 15 mg. For purity (≥99.9% collagen), consistency, and reproducibility, PureCol® is the benchmark among collagen products.

The most native-like collagen currently on the market, PureCol® collagen is considered to be the benchmark of all collagens for purity (>99.9% collagen content). Bovine hides from the only regulated, closed herd in the US are isolated for PureCol®.

The manufacturing procedures used by Advanced BioMatrix adhere to exacting quality standards, which have produced products with unmatched lot-to-lot consistency.

Approximately 97% of the collagen in PureCol® is Type I, and the remaining 3% is Type III. It is soluble atelocollagen. With 15 mg of bovine collagen, this product is offered as a lyophilized powder. A concentration of roughly 3 mg/ml is attained after reconstitution with 5 ml of sterile 0.01 N HCl.

PureCol® collagen is excellent for surface coating and for creating preparations of thin layers for cell culture. For the creation of a solid gel, PureCol® in lyophilized form is not advised. For use and storage, PureCol® collagen comes in user-friendly packaging. It comes in the form of a sterile, lyophilized powder.

Source: Advanced BioMatrix

Parameter, Testing, and Method PureCol® Lyophilized Type I Collagen #5006
Sterilization Method Filtration
Extraction Method Enzyme - atelocollagen
Form Lyophilized Powder
Package Size 15 mg
Storage Temperature -20 °C prior to reconstitution and 2-10 °C after reconstitution
Shelf Life Minimum of 6 months from date of receipt
Shelf life after reconstitution 3 months
Collagen Purity - Silver Staining ≥ 99.9%
Electrophoretic Pattern - Coomassie Blue Characteristic
Sterility - USP modified No growth
Endotoxin - LAL ≤ 1.0 EU/mL
Cell Attachment Assay Pass
Source Bovine Hide

Other Equipment by this Supplier

While we only use edited and approved content for Azthena answers, it may on occasions provide incorrect responses. Please confirm any data provided with the related suppliers or authors. We do not provide medical advice, if you search for medical information you must always consult a medical professional before acting on any information provided.

Your questions, but not your email details will be shared with OpenAI and retained for 30 days in accordance with their privacy principles.

Please do not ask questions that use sensitive or confidential information.

Read the full Terms & Conditions.